CNS 5 point checklist for a healthy, happy network:
- Think about the impact of network performance on your business, so that you can take a proactive approach to any issues. What is the potential financial impact of a network outage? What would happen if your website went down? Do you have backup and recovery capabilities to restore information if necessary after a security breach?
- Identify your most important digital assets and who uses them. What are your company’s most important assets on the network? Think about customer records and other intellectual property. What are these assets worth, where are they, and who has access to them?
- Inventory your current network technologies and security measures. Do you have a system in place for intrusion prevention, identity management and compliance validation? How will you protect the wireless network and ensure content security?
- Consider your current and future needs. How do you expect your business plan to evolve over the next few years? How will growth affect your digital assets and their value to your business as a whole? How recently have you updated your network equipment? What type of digital training do you provide to your employees?
- Devise a thorough network usage policy, covering topics such as:
- Acceptable use policy, to specify what types of network activities are allowed or prohibited
- E-mail and communications activities, to minimise problems from e-mails and attachments
- Anti-virus policy, to protect the network against threats like worms and Trojan horses
- Identity policy, to help safeguard the network from unauthorised users
- Password policy, to help employees select strong passwords and protect them
- Encryption policy, to provide guidance on using encryption to protect network data
- Remote access policy, to help employees safely access the network when outside the office
Does real time networking monitoring sound like something your business would benefit from?
To discuss your requirements, please call Capital Network Solutions’ Head Office on 0345 3054118 or email email@example.com and we will put you in touch with the right person for you.