CNS are looking for two network engineers to join a small but highly skilled team to deliver large enterprise projects, and support existing customers as we go through an exciting phase of company growth. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing Cisco Premier Partner working with highly experienced team members with up to CCIE level of Cisco certification, working closely with a CREST accredited security team.
Senior Network Engineer
Reporting to Director of Cyber Security and Network Services the Senior Engineer will be responsible for pre-sales design, 3rd line support and leading teams in delivering complex projects onsite and remotely.
CCNA qualification is minimum and CCNP preferred or equivalent experience. The candidate must have excellent practical knowledge of Cisco solutions and technologies including Wireless, ASA, Catalyst and Nexus switches, and routers. Knowledge of Cisco Firepower, Umbrella, Meraki and UCS would be beneficial.
Experience of network audits, troubleshooting, report writing and presenting technical designs to senior management is also required.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer this role will involve 1st and 2nd line support and working as part of a team delivering projects to our customers onsite and remotely.
CCNA qualification is minimum with good practical experience of using Cisco Catalyst switches, routers, and wireless solutions essential, with experience of ASA, Nexus, Meraki, Umbrella and Firepower beneficial. Candidates must be competent with configuring and troubleshooting Cisco devices at the command line.
Do you have 2 years + experience in any of these roles?
Infrastructure Support, 1st/2nd Line Support, Desktop Support, IT Support Analyst, IT Support Technician or IT Support Engineer.
With knowledge of......
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012 & 2016
- Strong Windows XP/7/8/10 knowledge
- Active Directory Administration
- Desktop/Laptop Deployment
- Internet connectivity troubleshooting
- Remote Control Software/VPN
- Helpdesk management software
- Network Monitoring Systems
If so, do you want to work within a dynamic, fast paced, challenging cyber security company where everything is underpined by fun, values and involvement in shaping the company?
Looking for a new challenge?
Times are good for us and we need to find the right person to complement our existing service desk team during our latest growth spurt.
This is an interesting, fun and varied role that will call for you to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as you will be the first point of contact for all IT related enquiries and queries from our internal customers and users. If you have a "hands on, can do" attitude then we very much want to hear from you.
This role provides you with the opportunity of building upon our existing helpdesk operation and working with our helpdesk, infrastructure and networks team to ensure that we go that extra mile for our customers. Attention to detail and high standards of accuracy are critical for this position as is the ability to put our customer needs and expectations at the heart of the role.
What will be expected of you?
What you need?
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• To be confident and enthusiastic with never ending patience
• To be a team player who gets an enormous buzz from doing a good job
• To be self- motivated, able to keep to deadlines and take ownership of a situation
• Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
• Thoroughness and attention to detail
• The ability to build good long term relationships with users
• To have a flexible approach to work, including working hours
• Excellent organisational skills
• The ability to see things through to conclusion
• The ability to work in a fast paced challenging environment
What's in it for you?
• Excellent ongoing professional and career development opportunities
• Access to the latest technologies in our demo lab
• Experience working for a high growth Cisco Premier Partner in South Wales with a highly accredited cyber security team
• Gym membership
• Free onsite parking and onsite cafe
This role is commutable from Cardiff, Newport, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cwmbran, Swansea and surrounding areas with a train station 10 mins walk away.
A current driving license with access to a car is a requirement for this role due to the customer visits that may be required.